to help create team spirit, and work together to offer our customers the best online shopping experience
Typical Shifts: Various
Salary Range: Competitive
Many of our customers now only experience Tesco through their weekly delivery of groceries. As a Customer Assistant at one of our Customer Fulfilment Centres, you’ll be helping to make sure this experience is the best it can be by helping customers get the right products, on time, and to the level of quality they’ve come to expect from us.
It’s a chance to put your abilities to the test, demonstrating that ‘Every little helps’ by doing your bit – with a friendly, flexible approach – to make a positive difference to the things that matter for our customers.
Our Customer Assistants take on all kinds of different roles at our Customer Fulfilment Centres – from picking home shopping for our customers to loading delivery vans and replenishing the store floor. Whatever the task, it’s all about being part of the team.
To succeed as a Customer Assistant (Customer Fulfilment Centre) you’ll need to put our customers first and consider them in everything you do:
• Make decisions that are right for our customers
• Be open to change within the Customer Fulfilment Centre
• Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and services
• Have the energy and drive to be your best – and exceed expectations
• Share ideas with your Manager and colleagues and work together to make the Customer Fulfilment Centre the best it can be
You should also be able to:
• Build relationships with colleagues to create team spirit
• Handle the products carefully, so they reach the customer in perfect condition
• Stick to our Health and Safety policies
• Help us add value by saving on time, products and energy
• Dress for the job with the right uniform
• Be on time and have a good attendance record
The range of roles for Customer Assistants within our Customer Fulfilment Centres might surprise you. As with our larger stores, we have Personal Shoppers who pick home shopping for our customers, but there are many other roles, such as loading the delivery vans and keeping the store floor stocked. And the hours may surprise you too – we have all the home shopping picked and ready to go by 8am.
This is a hands-on job, full of variety and practical challenges. There’s a strong sense of teamwork too, and that’s one of the things that makes it so rewarding.
• Your manager
• Your colleagues
• Your customers
To apply for a job with us you have to want to put customers first. You don’t need to have experience or qualifications – just a genuine belief that you can make a difference to the people you’ll be serving every day.
There are some practical things to think about when applying to become a Customer Assistant. You’ll need:
• To be able to prove you have the right to work in the UK
• To live within 20 miles’ travelling distance of your chosen place of work
• To understand and be available to work your shifts
To apply you’ll need to complete a questionnaire. If you’re successful the next stage is an interview.
Find out more about our application process.
Find out more about the career path a job at Tesco will set you on.
Find out more about Julie's role as a Customer Assistant
Find people you may know.
Find jobs near you.
Shire Park, Kestrel Way
Welwyn Garden City
T: +44 (0) 800 505555
© Tesco 2015