Would you like to be a Shift Leader? Applications Open Tuesday 7th March.
to put customers and stores first, by leading an operation to be proud of
Typical Shifts: Various
Salary Range: Competitive
Becoming a Tesco Distribution Centre Manager will put you at the heart of our world-leading logistics operation. It’s an ideal opportunity for someone who can motivate a large team to meet complex targets, including our promise to reduce carbon emissions by 50%.
By demonstrating your knowledge, passion and experience in logistics, you’ll inspire your Distribution Centre colleagues to be the best they can be, so that our customers are able to get what they want, when they want it, with the best possible service.
This role is what management should be: leading your colleagues from the front, being visible, and making a difference for our customers.
You’ll have what it takes to lead a customer-focused culture.
As a leader you’ll:
• Drive a culture that empowers colleagues to do the right thing for customers
• Build strong relationships and reach out across the business to find better ways of doing things
• Listen to your team, being open and willing to learn, and use this insight to develop the business
• Be a role model so that every colleague knows who you are and what you stand for
• Know your stuff and understand how the wider business operates
• Bring about changes quickly and effectively
• Know how to be at your best and inspire confidence in those around you if things aren’t working out
As a manager you’ll:
• Earn customers’ loyalty through the quality of the products and services
• Develop your management team, with feedback, coaching and plenty of encouragement
• Spot talent, mentor and grow future leaders
• Make sure colleagues have the tools, training and confidence to do their jobs
• Have a strong trade plan in place and equip your team for all trade activities, events and festivals
• Manage costs and colleagues to deliver sales and growth
• Put time into the local community and be a responsible neighbour
Managing a large, complex Distribution Centre will demand all your skills, experience and training to take care of the business, support colleagues and serve our customers.
This is a high-profile role, with hundreds of colleagues and managers looking to you to make sure everyone is fired up, focused and pulling in the same direction. You’ll need to work five days out of seven, with shifts to fit the centre’s operation – including some Sundays and Bank Holidays.
To help you in such an intensive and fast-paced environment, we’ve have a well-defined way of working that you’ll be expect to master quickly.
As a leading figure in a world-class operation, you’ll have a hugely influential decision-making role, where the stakes are high and the potential is enormous.
• Your Stream Director
• Your Stream Personnel Manager
• Your management team
• Your colleagues
• The Office
• Stores and Dotcom Centres
• The local community
Excited by the chance to lead and develop a large operation, to be a doer and make a difference? Then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
If you share our values, and if you have the qualities we’re looking for, then we’d love to hear from you.
Find out more about our application process.
Find out more about the career path a job at Tesco will set you on.
Find out more about Alan's role as a Distribution Centre Manager
Find people you may know.
Find jobs near you.
Shire Park, Kestrel Way
Welwyn Garden City
T: +44 (0) 800 505555
© Tesco 2015