in interactions with customers and colleagues, as the face of Tesco Distribution
Typical Shifts: Various
Salary Range: Competitive
As a Tesco Driver, you’ll be the face of your Distribution Centre – and not just for the people you meet out on the road. Our colleagues in stores don’t normally get to see inside a Distribution Centre, so every delivery is an opportunity to demonstrate our efficient, enthusiastic, safe and professional way of working within distribution.
With more than 60 million cases of food being delivered each week, you’ll play a vital role in making sure our stock is where it needs to be, on time.
There’s more to it than being a good driver. You’ll support our stores by collecting as well as delivering. You’ll support your Distribution Centre, moving trailers and keeping vehicles fuelled. And, like all Tesco Drivers, you’ll be a champion for road safety.
We need Drivers we can depend on to make sure our customers get what they want, when they want it, in our stores.
To succeed as a Driver you should be someone who can build relationships with colleagues to create team spirit, and work together to make sure the Distribution Centre is the best it can be. You must also be able to:
• Be warm and welcoming with customers and colleagues
• Have the energy and drive to be your best – and exceed expectations
• Share ideas with your Manager and colleagues on how we can improve our Distribution Centre
And you must be someone who’ll make road safety an absolute priority, by:
• Always following our Health and Safety procedures
• Completing all the reviews of paperwork and vehicles in our security check process
• Being responsible for keeping and submitting tachograph information
This is a hands-on job, with plenty of responsibility. You’ll be out on the road but also working closely with colleagues and representing Tesco with everyone you meet. You’ll spend your time on a variety of activities, depending on your role:
Supporting your Distribution Centre:
• Moving trailers around the yard
• Communicating clearly with colleagues when moving vehicles around the Distribution Centre
• Refuelling vehicles as needed
Supporting our stores:
• Delivering goods and helping unload them at the store
• Collecting returned goods or waste products to the Distribution Centre
• Completing all paperwork accurately
• Your manager
• Your colleagues within the Distribution Centre
• Your colleagues within stores
There are some practical things to think about when applying to become a Tesco Driver. You’ll need:
• To be able to prove your right to work in the UK
• To live within travelling distance of your chosen place of work
• To understand and be available to work your shifts
You’ll also need:
• A full LGV 1 (C+E) EU licence with no more than six current penalty points showing
• The new Driver Card
• To be at least 21 years of age
To apply you’ll need to complete a questionnaire. If you’re successful the next stage is an interview, which includes a driving assessment.
Find out more about our application process.
Find out more about the career path a job at Tesco will set you on.
Find out more about Mark's role as a Driver
Find people you may know.
Find jobs near you.
Shire Park, Kestrel Way
Welwyn Garden City
T: +44 (0) 800 505555
© Tesco 2015