Would you like to be a Shift Leader? Applications Open Tuesday 7th March.
that empowers colleagues to do the right things for customers
Typical Shifts: Various
Salary Range: Competitive
Becoming a Tesco Store Manager will give you an active, prominent role in a business that's famous for putting customers first. It’s an opportunity for someone who understands volume retail and can motivate a large team to meet complex targets.
You'll be surrounded by colleagues who share your passion for delivering great service – colleagues who will look to you for inspiration. By demonstrating what it means to serve our customers, you’ll enable your team to be the best it can be.
This role is what management should be: out on the store floor, helping your colleagues make a difference for our customers.
You’ll have what it takes to lead a customer-focused culture.
As a leader you’ll:
• Drive a culture that empowers colleagues to do the right thing for customers
• Build strong relationships and reach out across the business to find better ways of doing things
• Listen to your team, being open and willing to learn, and use this insight to develop the business
• Be a role model so that every colleague knows who you are and what you stand for
• Know your stuff and understand how the wider business operates
• Bring about changes quickly and effectively
• Know how to be at your best and inspire confidence in those around you if things aren’t working out
As a manager you’ll:
• Earn customers’ loyalty through the quality of the products and services
• Develop your management team, with feedback, coaching and plenty of encouragement
• Spot talent, mentor and grow future leaders
• Make sure colleagues have the tools, training and confidence to do their jobs
• Have a strong plan in place and equip your team for all trade activities, events and festivals
• Manage costs and colleagues to deliver sales and growth
• Put time into the local community and be a responsible neighbour
This is a hands-on job where no two days are the same. As a manager you’ll have all eyes on you to make sure everyone is fired up, focused and working in the same direction. To help you flourish in such a lively and fast-changing role, we’ve got a well-defined way of working.
There’s a range of roles to choose from, depending on the type of store you manage from our Extra stores with a multi-million-pound weekly turnover to local stores at the heart of communities. Each one needs a Store Manager with the particular qualities to support our colleagues and serve our customers brilliantly.
It’s a big commitment: as a retailer, you’ll need to work five days out of seven instore, with shifts to fit opening hours –including some Sundays and Bank Holidays. In 24-hour stores you’ll need to work one week in 12 on nights, or twilight hours.
But as our Store Managers will tell you, it’s incredibly rewarding – both day-to-day and in terms of the potential for your career with us.
• Your Store Operations Manager or Store Director
• Your management team
• Your colleagues
• Your customers
• The Office
• Distribution Centres
• The local community
If you’re excited by the chance to lead and develop a team, and make a difference, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
If you share our values, and if you have the qualities we’re looking for, then we’d love to hear from you.
Find out more about our application process.
Find out more about the career path a job at Tesco will set you on.
Find out more about Andy's role as a Store Manager
Find people you may know.
Find jobs near you.
Shire Park, Kestrel Way
Welwyn Garden City
T: +44 (0) 800 505555
© Tesco 2015