at a local store, whether you’re away at university or home for the holidays
Typical Shifts: Various
Salary Range: Competitive
If you’re one of our student colleagues, then we want you to stay with us. We really value everything you do for our customers, so we want to make it practical for you to continue working with us throughout your studies, and we’ll help you to achieve your career goals once you graduate.
The Student Transfer Service enables you to transfer between university and home locations, making it easy for you to continue working at a local Tesco store (in your role as Customer Assistant) both during term time and when you come home for the holidays.
Wherever you’re located and whatever part of our business you get involved with, we’ll need you to keep on putting our customers first:
• Get to know your customers, greet them with a smile and serve them with pride
• Take time to understand each customer and say thank you
• Make decisions that are right for our customers
• Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and services
• Have the energy and drive to be your best – and exceed expectations
• Share ideas with your manager and colleagues and work together to make your store the best it can be for customers
And as part of our team, wherever you are, we’ll need you to:
• Build relationships with colleagues to create team spirit
• Handle the products carefully, so they reach the customer in perfect condition
• Stick to our Health and Safety policies
• Help us be more efficient by saving on time, products and energy
• Dress for the job with the right uniform
• Be on time and have a good attendance record
You can apply to transfer for these periods:
• September – transfer to your university store (apply in August)
• Christmas holiday – return to your home store for two weeks (apply in October)
• Easter holiday – return to your home store for two weeks (apply in February)
• Summer – return to your home store for the summer holiday (apply in May)
We’ll only be able to transfer you if there’s availability, so it won’t always be possible.
To help us:
• Don't limit your choice of store (use Tesco Store Locator to find stores)
• Remember that Metro and Express are smaller stores with fewer vacancies than Superstores and Extras
• Be flexible in your working times – our most available shifts are weekends and evenings
• Be as specific as possible about leave, start and return dates
• Tell us about anything that may affect your transfer, e.g. booked holidays, using the comments box on the application form
To help you transfer, you’ll be in touch with:
• Your People Manager at your current store
• The People Manager at your destination store
• Our Student Transfer team
To apply you’ll need to be an existing Tesco colleague and a student either at university or about to start. You must be based within travelling distance of the stores you’re applying for. And be sure to check you’re available to work the shifts required.
For Customer Delivery Assistant roles you’ll need:
• A full, UK driving licence with no more than three penalty points
• To complete a criminal records check as you’ll be visiting customers’ homes
For roles in the Beers, Wines and Spirits Department you must be at least 18 years of age.
To apply for a Student Transfer, please search ‘Student Transfer’, and complete the questionnaire. We will then contact your destination store to start the process.
Find out more about our application process.
Find out more about the career path a job at Tesco will set you on.
Find people you may know.
Find jobs near you.
Shire Park, Kestrel Way
Welwyn Garden City
T: +44 (0) 800 505555
© Tesco 2015