Hastings, East Sussex - Optometrist
To complete eye examinations/contact lens appointments, issue advice and make appropriate recommendations to patients.
Deliver gold standard clinical care and excellent customer service.
Support the development of the Opticians team with staff training.
Support the practice to achieve all targets.
The team who work with me
Opticians Manager, Assistant Opticians Manager (where applicable), Optical Assistants, and other resident/locum Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians
I work for
Opticians Manager, with a dotted line to the Regional Opticians Manager
- You must be a qualified Optometrist with a degree in Optometry and be registered with the General Optical Council
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Be able to demonstrate industry knowledge and experience of providing excellent care and service
- Interest and passion to develop the business
- Desire and commitment to do the best for patients and work with the store team to provide outstanding service and care
- Organisation, attention to detail and confidence
- Patient focused, friendly personality vital to ensure we offer a consistently great service
All job offers are subject to meeting the national Government requirements relating to undertaking relevant regulated activity with vulnerable groups and an Enhanced Disclosure Criminal Record Check by the Disclosure Barring Service
What I do
- I examine the eyes of patients of all ages in accordance with the guidelines laid out by the College of Optometrists and the General Optical Council
- I ensure a sufficient level of accuracy for first time refractions to reduce the number of retests
- I ensure record cards and referral letters are completed in a clear and legible manner in line with The College of Optometrists guidelines
- I ensure GOS claims are appropriate and that GOS forms are completed fully and accurately in a timely manner.
- I ensure handovers are carried out competently with every customer to relevantly trained members of staff, including discussing the details on the record card and all recommendations
- I support the Opticians team with dispensing, offering help and advice to patients choosing frames, spectacle lenses, contact lenses, non prescription eye wear, and eye wear accessories
- I keep up to date and comply with College guidelines and General Optical Council regulations
- I understand and deliver my accountability with regard to delegation and supervision and I ensure that appropriate levels of clinical care are maintained.
I have signed all current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and have been validated on all current practice policies.
- Safe and Legal record checks are completed daily ensuring robust next steps for all exceptions in place
- I keep up to date with changes and developments within the industry and ensure all Continuing Education Training is completed
- In my consultation room ensure all equipment is maintained for maximum effectiveness and all issues/problems are escalated in a timely manner
- I'm aware of all targets and key performance indicators and understand my impact on these, and work with the Opticians Manager to improve them (conversions, average order value and appointments to capacity)
- In the absence of the Opticians Manager,I will take responsibility for the practice.
- I support the Opticians Manager around achieving green people key performance indicators
How I do it
- I lead by example delivering great clinical care and customer service.
- When not testing I am visible and engage with staff and customers
- I deliver excellent service to every customer
- I have a periodic one to one with my Opticians Manager to review progress of the business and the key performance indicators
- I care about people and treat everyone with respect
- I help my team make the difference for our customers
- I listen and respond to my team
- Access to the Tesco Optometrist CET Website
- GOC fees paid pro rata
- College of Optometry Fees Paid Pro Rata
- Immediate membership of an award winning pension scheme
- Immediate Free Life Assurance - automatic protection for your family and peace of mind for you
- Staff Privilegecard - 10% discount on your Tesco shopping in store & online (after 6 months service)
- Free Shares In Success - our way of saying 'thank you' for your hard work
- Childcare Scheme - join the scheme for discounts & vouchers to save on childcare costs
- Exclusive staff discounts on insurances, travel, leisure activities & days out, healthcare & lifestyle choices, plus great staff deals on Tesco Broadband & Mobile
- Time for you - ways we can support your lifestyle including paid pro rata holiday which increases with service, maternity/paternity & parental leave
- Buy As You Earn (BAYE) Scheme - the opportunity to regularly buy Tesco shares tax efficiently
- Save As You Earn (SAYE) Scheme - a way to save risk free, with the option to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price
Location: Hastings - East Sussex (Nearest Towns to Hastings – Eastbourne, Hailsham, Bexhill-on-sea)
Salary: £53,550 (Dependant on experience) Possible Relocation Support Avaliable
Sector: Optical - Stores
Apply before: Tuesday, 25 March 2014