We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco a great place to work.
When you join us you’ll be able to join our Pensions scheme.
There are also a variety of excellent share schemes you can be part of, to share in our success.
After 6 months you will receive a Privilegecard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Climate Change Manager to join our Responsible Sourcing team in the Product Quality department.
This role involves supporting and enabling Tesco to achieve its climate change ambitions and commitments in the value chain and our direct operations and contribute to the development of Tesco's climate change strategy.
About The Job
This role involves supporting and enabling Tesco to achieve its climate change objectives by reducing carbon emissions in our own operations and supply chain.
CLIMATE CHANGE AND WATER (DIRECT) - Provide expert insight and advice on climate change to the Head of Climate Change.
- Collaborate with Tesco’s Energy, Engineering and Distribution teams to drive our direct Climate Change agenda and meet our carbon reduction commitments. Ensuring carbon reduction is driven through these teams’ strategies and work plans. - Lead the implementation of recommendations of the 2050 Zero Carbon strategy by aligning current business plans with our long-term zero carbon glidepath. - Coordinate implementation of Tesco’s strategy in direct use of water. - Manage Tesco sustainability data analysis using the Cloudapps database (working with our sustainability data team) ensure carbon and water data are accurately captured and analysed.
- Manage our external carbon verification process.
- Report our progress on water and carbon reductions for Property and Distribution.
CLIMATE CHANGE (SUPPLY CHAIN) - Lead supplier and category engagement to achieve our supply chain carbon reduction commitments. - Manage project to collect data on supply chain carbon reduction - focusing on our priority categories for each year.
- Analyse supply chain carbon reduction data for trends. - Develop initiatives to support suppliers
EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS AND INDUSTRY PARTICIPATION - Coordinate Tesco's involvement in industry forums and external stakeholder engagement on climate change. - Coordinate Tesco’s engagement with government on climate change.
- Showcase Tesco’s performance through appropriate industry forums.
- Supplier engagement - Project management experience and strong strategic and innovative thinking - Problem-solving skills - Strong influencing and communication skills - GHG reporting and footprinting and statistical skills - Understanding of broader social and sustainability issues - Project management skills - People management skills
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It’s part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work, and we’re proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year.
We're the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
Shire Park, Kestrel Way
Welwyn Garden City
T: +44 (0) 800 505555
© Tesco 2015