Supporting one another to make working life easier, wherever you are in the business and whatever your goals. Helping female colleagues to network, develop, balance work and home life & ensuring we have Role Models in Tesco.
• Identify and address areas of gender imbalance within our business
• Create an informal environment for colleagues to go to connect with one another for support, networking and mentoring, career advice and inspiration
• Use the power of the network to identify and solve issues that affect our customers and colleagues
• Stand in support of issues affecting male colleagues
• Expand our local groups to ensure colleagues from all areas of the business have an opportunity to connect with others for support, mentorship, advice & inspiration
• Identify issues that affect our customers & colleagues, and work together to solve them through a range of focus groups and policy reviews
We're delighted to share that we have been listed on The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for 2022. Our Women at Tesco network works hard to listen to colleagues and make Tesco a great place to work. Our inclusion on the list demonstrates some of the great work that our business has done.
By signing up to the EveryWoman Promise, Tesco have made a commitment to champion and support women’s health in the workplace. The Eve Appeal supports EveryWoman partners with information to empower woman to take charge of their own health and to create a corporate culture where women are encouraged to attend life-saving screenings.
The Eve Appeal has created a library of resources to support your wellbeing programme, including info on the signs, symptoms and risks of all five gynae cancers, how to support themes such as menopause in the workplace, training and tips to support open conversations with line managers and access to our office-based Lunch & Learn sessions.
International Woman's Day 2020
As part of our celebrations for International Womans Day we hosted a Talking Taboos Women’s Health event at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City. The guest panel included Dame Kelly Holmes, Gold Olympic medallist and motivational speaker; Dr Brooke Vandermolen, obstetrician and influencer; Karen Hobbs, Cancer Information Officer at Eve Appeal and Natasha Hamilton, Atomic Kitten singer and health & wellness advocate. You can watch the highlights from this exciting event here.