Location: Welwyn Garden City
Apply by: 01/12/2020
Welwyn Garden City
A very exciting opportunity has arisen here in the Group Communications Team at Tesco for a Property and Community Communications Manager.
This role will shape the ongoing Tesco community narrative externally, creating more opportunities to tell a positive story and demonstrate the impact of the work we do within our local communities. You will be responsible for helping to build networks, enabling us to have positive conversations about our business to a number of local and national stakeholders and representatives of the retail, property and charity sectors.
- Developing and managing a communications plan that supports our proposed store growth across the UK and our readiness to acquire new sites.
- Enabling positive stakeholder engagement opportunities at a local level for those who influence planning decisions, ensuring Tesco is seen as the preferred choice for the retail landscape of cities and towns across the UK.
- Working closely with the community team, the local communications managers and our charity partners across each of our key programmes.
- Identifying more relevant and impactful opportunities in media or other audiences where we can widen awareness of our community reach, partnerships, investments and role our stores play.
- Developing and delivering specific communications that help people understand the proactive way Tesco work, to a local audience.
- Understanding the challenges and changes within local Government and key issues which impact the retail sector within communities.
- Showing and demonstrating where and how our story telling has had impact and results and where we could do more through our networks, in key cities, in communities that need more support.
Essential experience for this role:
- Media background either in journalism or PR and experience of media handling.
- Public affairs and/or solid political understanding with experience of local Government communications, particularly the planning process.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a blend of proactive, corporate and property, retail and or third sector experience.
- Influencing and collaboration skills including managing external stakeholders.
Desirable experience for this role:
- Experience of the property planning process, local council planning would be advantageous as would knowledge of the food retail sector
- Public speaking or presenting would be helpful
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
Our office application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.
All applicants will complete a competency-based interview but the process could also include assessment centres, telephone interviews, technical exercises, reasoning tests or informal discussions.
Our recruitment team will be in touch about your application and are happy to answer any questions you may have.