Location: Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA
Apply by: 02/12/2020
Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA
A rare opportunity in our Group Pensions team for a DB Pension Manager.
The successful candidate will hold responsibility for the delivery of Trustee priorities and maintain the high standards of governance for the closed Tesco defined benefit scheme. This is a fantastic career move for someone in the industry to make a move into an in-house team.
Ensuring the delivery of the Trustee's objectives including:
- Maintain and update Scheme governance processes/documents, including risk registers
- Manage records of Trustee's meeting material and decisions eg. meeting papers, meeting minutes and actions logs
- Manage advisors/suppliers to deliver advice/services at the appropriate time in line with Trustee business plan
- Make certain member benefit decisions on behalf of the Trustee
- Provide technical support to in-house administration and communication teams
- Support the Trustee in the review process of advisors, including formal tenders
- Manage the process of internal and external Trustee Board effectiveness reviews
- Ensure Trustees are up-to-date with the latest pensions development, and manage Trustee overall and individual training plans, and deliver one-to-one support to Trustees where necessary
- Liaise with Group Corporate Secretariat to ensure regulatory filings are made in line with the Companies Act
- Manage the Scheme's records on tPR's Exchange, including submitting Scheme returns and valuation information
- Liaise with the Pensions Finance Manager to approve certain payments from the Trustee's bank account
- Forecasting and managing Trustee budgets effectively, always being cost conscious
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging pensions legislation
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
Our office application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.
All applicants will complete a competency-based interview but the process could also include assessment centres, telephone interviews, technical exercises, reasoning tests or informal discussions.
Our recruitment team will be in touch about your application and are happy to answer any questions you may have.