Location: Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA
Apply by: 28/10/2022
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
Reporting to the Head of Product Management for Price, Promotion and Stored Value, you lead a small team of talented Product Managers, and are accountable for a set of complex and company strategic services within the Products global portfolio and would drive product strategy, roadmap and execution for them.
A master practitioner of Product Management, you are responsible for ensuring that your team contains the product management resources and skills required to ensure you can successfully execute the strategy and roadmap for your portfolio of products.
• Have accountability for a complex set of APIs that involve multiple internal/external stakeholders, and drive product strategy, roadmap and execution for that by leading a team of talented Product Managers
• Understand your business stakeholders and their pain points really well and steer your team in the right direction by putting the best team members in the most value generating products/ business priorities
• Set clear goals and KPIs for your team members and periodically review all the KPIs owned by the team spanning across multiple products and provide feedback on improving those
• Handle conflicting priorities well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented and opinionated team
• Identify and remove impediments faced by the team by working with your Head of Product and other stakeholders and proactively flag any risks or delays in your commitments
• Contribute in capability and capacity planning to Product Management for your own Product area to ensure capacity to drive work
• Build and nurture a great team of Product Managers for your Product, based on the business needs, strategic priorities assigned and level of focus required
• Carry out people routines for direct reports and develop talented people
• Identify and remove impediments to ensure your team is successful in delivering the committed deliverables
• Motivate the team by ensuring they have fulfilling roles, proper rewards and recognition strategies
• Conduct fair performance appraisals and provide constructive feedback for your team
• Collaborate with Head of Product to understand future demand and direction of your product
• Be responsible for achieving or exceeding agreed product KPIs improvements across all the products owned/ managed by your team
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.