Location: Welwyn Garden City
Apply by: 23/10/2021
Welwyn Garden City
Tesco Online is the biggest Online grocer in the UK and one of the largest in the world with 99.7% coverage of UK households. Throughout the last 12 months, sales doubled reaching over £6 billion. With the team growing to meet future demand, there’s plenty of opportunity to add value supporting our project, proposition and business improvement teams.
Working in the Business Planning Team, you will support with the coordination, development and delivery of initiatives across Online and Fulfilment, ensuring project visibility and successful deployment. This is a key role at the centre of the wider Online team with scope to understand all areas of the Online business as well as contribute to its success.
Supporting key elements of the business planning process, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating the UK Plans for Online, sharing and reporting information to relevant stakeholders. Supporting with development of Long Term and Annual Plan.
- Aligning projects and following the business change process, taking ownership of governance, and ensuring accurate & informative reporting is shared in updates.
- Sharing learnings and ways of working with other teams and functions around the business.
- Ownership of governance meetings, facilitating them, capturing and sharing next steps. Examples being: Team 5s, Monthly Business Reviews and Change Governance.
- Supporting with inputs to governance sessions for the wider business.
Leading on activities that enable delivery, including but not limited to:
- Supporting business teams, coaching them through the change process and helping with ad-hoc requests.
- Ensuring project/ programme methodologies are being followed.
- Tracking delivery, working with teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Taking responsibility of process improvement opportunities and acting on them.
Operational skills relevant for this role:
Experience relevant for this job:
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
Our office application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.
All applicants will complete a competency-based interview but the process could also include assessment centres, telephone interviews, technical exercises, reasoning tests or informal discussions.
Our recruitment team will be in touch about your application and are happy to answer any questions you may have.