Category: Information Technology
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
Kraków, małopolskie, Poland
As one of the world’s largest retailers and the largest private employer in the United Kingdom, Tesco serves millions of customers a week in our stores and online.
In Europe we operate in Hungary, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia, offering great value to our customers every day.
To standardize processes, reduce the cost to serve, enable agility in the business and empower colleagues to do even more for our customers, we have set up a dedicated team called Tesco Business Services across our markets. In 2004 we established our first center in Bengaluru, India.
The Kraków center provides dedicated support for colleagues and customers in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia markets.
Based in our Kraków office this multi-functional and specialist team will drive operational excellence of services, improve scale for our systems and processes globally and create business leading capabilities.
What’s in it for you
Tesco is a diverse and exciting employer, dedicated to being #aplacetogeton, providing career-defining opportunities to all of our colleagues. If you chose to join our business, we will provide you with:
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you.
Product managers at TESCO Technology are passionate about solving problems. They take accountability for complex and company strategic products, and are empowered to drive the product strategy, the roadmap and the outcomes. Driven by curiosity and innovation, coupled with strong partnership with Business, Engineering and Data Science teams, our product managers create value for our Customers and Colleagues globally.
▪ Focus on customers and tesco colleagues and build products which meets their needs
▪ Own a product through its lifecycle involving multiple internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy, roadmap & execution for it
Job Role & Responsibilities
▪ Engage with stakeholders to formulate the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for my product and execute it well by constantly managing the stakeholder’s expectations, working through dependencies across multiple products/ teams
▪ Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for the product and their pain points well
▪ Understand and demonstrate all of the features of the product to different audiences within and outside of the immediate product team
▪ Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
▪ Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with the engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
▪ Accountable for the performance/ adoption of the product and work towards achieving the Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs)
▪ Lead discovery work around minimum viable product (MVP) for any new product/feature, collaborating with user experience (UX) and engineering teams to prototype and validate the MVP
▪ Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
▪ Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering stakeholders
▪ Present to other Tesco Product areas on the Product and its functional/ engineering capabilities
▪ Effectively presented the vision, roadmap, key KPIs and execution plans (release/ sprint plans) for the product
▪ Drive experiments against defined hypotheses, created MVPs towards robust data-driven decisions on product improvements and their influence on product performance indicators
▪ Prioritise coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
• Product Management experience preferably Online and Ecommerce businesses
• Proven track record of owning a product, developing and executing product strategy and roadmaps to achieve committed Outcomes & Key Results (OKRs)
• Ability to think of product improvements over and beyond business-driven programs.
• Experience in hypothesis building, experiments, and A/B Testing to decide on product improvements
• Understanding and experience of User Experience (UX) driven product developments
• Ability to lead a product independently
Nice to have
• • Distribution, Warehousing, and Fulfilment technology experience.
• • Experience in working in international businesses
• • Experience in working with data science teams
• • Preferred Industry segment: Retail, Apparels, Food/Grocery, Consumer Durables, Consumer Packaged Goods
• Preferred Function: Technology (Distribution & Fulfilment, 3rd Party Logistics for Online, e-commerce business)
All applicants will complete a competency-based interview but the process could also include assessment centres, telephone interviews, technical exercises, reasoning tests or informal discussions.
Our recruitment team will be in touch about your application and are happy to answer any questions you may have.