Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Tesco Technology consists of people from a number of different backgrounds, but having a common purpose to serve our shoppers a little better every day with our retail technological solutions. We shared a common interest in harnessing innovations in technology to enhance their shopping experience at Tesco stores. Whether making products, software or systems, our teams focuses on various aspects from taking strategic ownership of the architecture to delivering technological solutions such as design, testing, deployment, infrastructure, operation and security of the systems to ensure agile, smooth and safe operations. These help us to deliver the maximum business impact. Teams refine their internal processes to best fit their own needs, working to build core capabilities in application and services. We collaborate globally across teams to build end-to-end customer-facing solutions, as well as to share knowledge, experience, tools and techniques.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyones Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Hiring Manager- Balaji V
Last date for applications- 26th Oct 2021
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at email@example.com
* Coach and mentor system engineers across Technology who are at a more junior level. I ensure that my own team’s area of technology is of a high quality and I understand the impacts to any other areas.
* Introduce automation to all aspects of my day to day work.
* Contribute to the Roadmap in my own technology area
* Evaluate new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
* Architect design and deliver solutions using existing components where new technologies are being introduced. I implement them and establish best practice for their adoption.
* Will have a range of technical skills (for each area) including:
* Compute Platforms – Windows Linux Virtualisation Public & Private cloud
* Database – Oracle SQL administration No SQL databases
* Network – Routing & Switching DNS DHCP IPAM Proxy CDN
* Corporate - End user physical devices Collaboration tools Authentication & Authorisation mechanisms MDM solutions
* General skill - DevOps tools Scripting Version control Monitoring
* I resolve incidents that have not been seen before and initiate change to ensure that issues can be easily dealt with in future.
* Lead group design discussions on my area of expertise and be able to present with authority to a variety of audiences.
* Keep my technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco.
* Implement changes successfully and aware of the change management processes
DevOps tools Cloud Computing Scripting Version control Monitoring Database Networks Compute Platforms – Windows Linux Virtualisation Public & Private cloud