Category: Information Technology
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
Kraków, małopolskie, Poland
As one of the world’s largest retailers and the largest private employer in the United Kingdom, Tesco serves millions of customers a week in our stores and online.
In Europe we operate in Hungary, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia, offering great value to our customers every day.
The Kraków center provides dedicated technology support for colleagues and customers in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia markets.
Based in our Kraków office the multi-functional and specialist team will drive operational excellence of services, improve scale for our systems and processes globally and create business leading capabilities.
What’s in it for you
Tesco is a diverse and exciting employer, dedicated to being #aplacetogeton, providing career-defining opportunities to all of our colleagues. If you chose to join our business, we will provide you with:
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you.
Technical Programme Manager for Data & Analytics
The Data Programme and Strategy team helps the programme manage the products and initiatives within our portfolio and support the formulation execution monitoring and review of our strategy.
Technical Programme Managers (TPMs) deliver complex cross-functional technology programmes that support colleagues and help serve our customers better. They work collaboratively influence Product Engineering and business colleagues and lead the programme to deliver value quickly and often.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
· Deliver programmes with business and/or technical risks
· Optimise or use a standard programme delivery methodology for delivering programme goals
· Bring together coordinate and energize virtual technology teams to deliver programme goals
· Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals including the technical implementation plan
· Understand trade-offs and resulting impacts; make impacts visible to Product Infrastructure or Engineering for the right decision to be made
· Manage dependencies delivery timelines and implementations plans using the knowledge or technical architecture
· Appreciate and respond to delivery challenges using the knowledge of engineering best practices and/or infrastructure implementations
· Understand technology concepts grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
· Effectively manage major incidents ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
· Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
· Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
· Coach peers and other roles teaching were required on methodologies and programme management tools
· This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team is well organized pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and most importantly puts our customers first.
Key people and teams I work within and outside of Tesco
· Product Managers
· Software and System Engineers
· Colleagues and business stakeholders across Tesco
· Suppliers and 3rd parties
· Product Management
· Stakeholder Management
· Programme Management
· Communicating & Influencing Skills
· Past experience of working with Big Data tools and Technologies usage or experience of Teradata Hadoop Spark and Scala