Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Tesco Technology consists of people from a number of different backgrounds, but having a common purpose to serve our shoppers a little better every day with our retail technological solutions. We shared a common interest in harnessing innovations in technology to enhance their shopping experience at Tesco stores. Whether making products, software or systems, our teams focuses on various aspects from taking strategic ownership of the architecture to delivering technological solutions such as design, testing, deployment, infrastructure, operation and security of the systems to ensure agile, smooth and safe operations. These help us to deliver the maximum business impact. Teams refine their internal processes to best fit their own needs, working to build core capabilities in application and services. We collaborate globally across teams to build end-to-end customer-facing solutions, as well as to share knowledge, experience, tools and techniques.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyones Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at email@example.com
* Design implement and maintain java application phases.
* Conduct software analysis programming testing and debugging.
* Develop application code for java programs.
* Develop test implement and maintain application software
* Develop technical designs for application development
Core Dev Skills :
* Object Oriented Programming – Skilled in the implementation of object oriented design patterns and can architect their code effectively in an OO way.
* Knowledge of the Ecosystem – Skilled in the use of the technologies in the Java ecosystem: Struts Spring Maven Gradle Ant Junit Spock and Hibernate etc…
* Concurrency –Good understanding of concurrency and Multithreading
* Databases – NoSQL ( Cassandra Coughbase MongoDB Redis etc..)
* Data Structures & Collections – Understanding of data structures such as List Map Set Vectors and Matrix.
* JVM and Memory Management - Understand when memory is being allocated from what context and how it affects heap fragmentation.
* Thread Management. Understanding of Local Thread local objects and Globals and objects low on a thread’s stack mutable objects etc..
* Good Knowledge on Dependency Injection (IOC) in Java
* Good Understanding of various garbage collection algorithms and how to use the profilers.
* Know about cache coherence and fence instructions.
* Understand when to use design patterns such as Singleton Factory Builder Object Pool Iterator Strategy Visitor Composite.
* Good Understanding and Should have worked on BDD- Behavioral Driven Development ( Tools - Cucumber)
Tools and Technologies for web based Application Dev :
* JSP / Servlets
* Web Frameworks like Struts / Springboot/Micronaut
* Service Oriented Architecture / Web Services – SOAP / REST
* Markup Languages like XML and JSON
Reports into: Software Development Manager
You will be responsible for
Typically the role involves the following activities:
* Pairing with other engineers to write high quality code that’s easy to understand and work with.
* Writing tests - very often before the associated code - at unit level.
* Reviewing pull requests and giving good feedback.
* Attending backlog planning sessions to discuss and estimate (small medium large) upcoming stories.
* Taking part in understanding requirements and designing API endpoints and their implementations.
* Supporting the service both during office hours and out of hours via paid support rota.
* Automating the build provisioning and deployment in the cloud.
* Implementing monitoring and alerting mechanisms via Splunk Runscope and other tools.
* Building for security and user data privacy. We aspire for full PCI Compliance.
You will need
Experience relevant for this job:
* Hard core Java skill.
* Working with hardware devices integration of API’s onto devices
* Designing and building distributed systems for scalability availability and performance.
* Testing everything automating everything.
* Written and verbal communication skills.
* Problem solving analysis and computational skills.
* Customer focus.
* Innovative approach to problem solving.
What will make you stand out: Tools and Tech
* Experience in implementing Event Sourcing and Micro-service architecture.
* Experience in non relational DB like Cassandra SQLLite
* Experience in Distributed Messaging system
* Proficiency in Kubernetes.
* Defensive or Offensive Security skill/certifications.
* Working Knowledge on AWS/Azure .
* Containers ( Dockers/ terraform) Micro-service and Event Sourcing architecture.
Java Frameworks like Springboot/Micronaut Service Oriented Architecture / Web Services – SOAP / REST Azure