Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Tesco Technology consists of people from a number of different backgrounds, but having a common purpose to serve our shoppers a little better every day with our retail technological solutions. We shared a common interest in harnessing innovations in technology to enhance their shopping experience at Tesco stores. Whether making products, software or systems, our teams focuses on various aspects from taking strategic ownership of the architecture to delivering technological solutions such as design, testing, deployment, infrastructure, operation and security of the systems to ensure agile, smooth and safe operations. These help us to deliver the maximum business impact. Teams refine their internal processes to best fit their own needs, working to build core capabilities in application and services. We collaborate globally across teams to build end-to-end customer-facing solutions, as well as to share knowledge, experience, tools and techniques.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyones Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at email@example.com
Software Development Managers (SDMs) establish and sustain the environment for development to exist and succeed. They drive continuous improvement of engineering practices and improve the efficiency of the development in Tesco. They are responsible for the entire development process for a software program and are hands-on contributing to the end solution.
Should have experience managing multiple stakeholders and working collaboratively with them to achieve the outcome
Good experience in handling distributed teams across geographies.
Is able to drive continuous improvement of engineering practices and efficiency of development within the team and foster innovation.
Is accountable for the slices they own in the program and proactively identifies risks proposes mitigations and gets them reviewed with stakeholders.
* Hire and Grow a team of High Performing Engineers.
* Motivate Mentor Coach to develop engineers into Leaders/SMEs
* Develop new and Improve existing processes to ensure smooth functioning of the team
* Drive Product Direction and Strategy by interfacing with other stakeholders
* Participate in Design and Architecture Reviews
* Drive timely and high-quality software releases
* Ability to manage Full Stack teams.
* Comfortably test drive any feature/comfortable with TDD cycle
* Demonstrate a good knowledge of other programming languages & paradigms and when to apply them
* Comfortably debug/find complex problems.
* Proven track record of motivating and retaining talent building teams
* Knowledge of SDLC and utilities like JIRA GitHub or others.
* Good experience in collaborating and driving cross-geo / cross-team projects
* Experience working on SaaS-based products.
* Experience with public clouds like GCP Azure AWS (Azure if preferred) is desired.
* Preferred knowledge of working with Hybrid Cloud including EDGE compute.
* Familiarity with Design/Implementation trade-offs in building clustered high-performance fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
* Familiarity with Kubernetes Containers Micro-service and at least one high-level programming language.
* Experience with server-side technologies such as SpringBoot Micronaut Quarkus etc.
* Experience with Event-Driven Systems using Message Brokers.
* Experience with Distributed Caching.