Category: Information Technology
Location: Bengaluru, KA
Bengaluru, KA, India
Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Tesco Technology consists of people from a number of different backgrounds, but having a common purpose to serve our shoppers a little better every day with our retail technological solutions. We shared a common interest in harnessing innovations in technology to enhance their shopping experience at Tesco stores. Whether making products, software or systems, our teams focuses on various aspects from taking strategic ownership of the architecture to delivering technological solutions such as design, testing, deployment, infrastructure, operation and security of the systems to ensure agile, smooth and safe operations. These help us to deliver the maximum business impact. Teams refine their internal processes to best fit their own needs, working to build core capabilities in application and services. We collaborate globally across teams to build end-to-end customer-facing solutions, as well as to share knowledge, experience, tools and techniques.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyones Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at email@example.com
Fostering understanding of the current technology landscape and its impact on stakeholders: * Ensure we have models and materials that describe the landscape at a high-level and how it supports the business
Help colleagues of all levels to understand the bigger picture and their role / activities within it to aid decision making Evolving and embedding our overall Technology Strategy and ensuring it informs everything we do:
* Define a target enterprise architecture that will improve our business for customers and colleagues in line with our business and Technology strategy and plans
* Identify organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the delivery of the enterprise architecture
* Identify the optimal approach to delivering Tesco business strategy while increasing agility and driving simplicity / cost efficiency over the short, medium and long-term.
* Contribute to business planning activities utilising our broad understanding of Tesco and broader industry / technology trends Guiding high-level delivery planning and solution design to deliver our strategic goals whilst ensuring we continuously deliver business value
* Work in collaboration other teams to help ensure we design flexible, efficient and secure solutions
* Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles, policies, standards etc. to guide solution decision making for architecturally significant initiatives
* Operate the architecture review, governance and exception processes Supporting successful delivery through the technology lifecycle, delivering business value and realizing strategic goals.
* On occasion, provide targeted support for initiatives with technical challenges during their delivery Evolving our federated architecture and design framework as part of the Technology delivery model
* Build architecture capability and competency within Tesco in keeping with our emphasis on agile, DevOps and 'architecture is everyone's role' principles
* Create and operate an effective community to engage and educate Technology colleagues in enterprise and solution architecture topics
* Proactively collaborate and communicate with Technology colleagues and delivery partners to drive awareness and interest
* Build effective relationships with our Stores business and PLC group colleagues, and valued 3rd party partners.