Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Tesco Technology consists of people from a number of different backgrounds, but having a common purpose to serve our shoppers a little better every day with our retail technological solutions. We shared a common interest in harnessing innovations in technology to enhance their shopping experience at Tesco stores. Whether making products, software or systems, our teams focuses on various aspects from taking strategic ownership of the architecture to delivering technological solutions such as design, testing, deployment, infrastructure, operation and security of the systems to ensure agile, smooth and safe operations. These help us to deliver the maximum business impact. Teams refine their internal processes to best fit their own needs, working to build core capabilities in application and services. We collaborate globally across teams to build end-to-end customer-facing solutions, as well as to share knowledge, experience, tools and techniques.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone?s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues ? who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Technical Programme Manager to join Tesco’s Programme and Strategy team, part of the wider Data and Analytics team.
We are a true "hub and spoke" team engaging and managing dependencies with a vast number of teams within Tesco as well as third parties. Our role is to ensure data availability and quality in one central repository whilst supporting the delivery of key Tesco business priorities through our analytics, visualisation and data science programmes.
This role will be responsible for establishing and managing programmes of work covering our Data Science, Analytics and BI tools and data engineering teams.
You will be responsible for
Technical Programme Managers (TPM) work with teams that deliver complex, cross-functional technology programmes that support colleagues and help serve our customers better. They work collaboratively, influence Product, Engineering, and business colleagues to deliver value quickly and often.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Deliver complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Establish new or improve existing delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals
- Initiate and shape programmes with ambiguous scope and uncertain delivery approach
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
- Provide expert advice and guidance on programme delivery supporting Engineering/Product teams
- Understand trade-offs in software delivery, using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with the Engineering and Product teams to obtain the best value and solution
- Able to foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussions, and manage escalations
- Act on opportunities to adopt trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
- Able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of engineering best practices and practical infrastructure implementations to appreciate delivery challenges
- Ask probing questions of Engineering and Product teams to ensure solutions meet programme objectives
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
- Proactively research trends and development in technology, and programme and product delivery
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools and coach/mentor on leadership
- Take a leading role in the recruitment process and make final recruitment decisions
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
An ideal candidate must have demonstrated below key skills in their current and past roles:
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure; having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Have experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
- Excellent reporting skills for programs and financial forecasting
- Excellent communication & influencing skills and adaptability to changes