Category: Information Technology
Location: Bengaluru, KA
Bengaluru, KA, India
Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Tesco Technology consists of people from a number of different backgrounds, but having a common purpose to serve our shoppers a little better every day with our retail technological solutions. We shared a common interest in harnessing innovations in technology to enhance their shopping experience at Tesco stores. Whether making products, software or systems, our teams focuses on various aspects from taking strategic ownership of the architecture to delivering technological solutions such as design, testing, deployment, infrastructure, operation and security of the systems to ensure agile, smooth and safe operations. These help us to deliver the maximum business impact. Teams refine their internal processes to best fit their own needs, working to build core capabilities in application and services. We collaborate globally across teams to build end-to-end customer-facing solutions, as well as to share knowledge, experience, tools and techniques.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone?s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues ? who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at email@example.com
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop; whether they are at home; out shopping; on the move; anywhere in the world. We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for; we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer. We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement; a great team; an excellent benefit package; and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting; then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based in India with occasional travel to other Tesco sites i.e.; UK and Central Europe offices.
About the Enabling Functions (EF) Programme Team
Enabling Functions are responsible for bringing out the best in our colleagues by giving them the support they need to perform at the highest level. By helping our core business across diverse parts of the organisation such as Global Operations; Finance; HR; Property and Legal make the most of the latest technological innovations; we have real far-reaching impact across Tesco.
We provide services on a large scale; as the second largest employer in the UK; our teams are responsible for deploying and managing Payroll systems which support over 300;000 people. Our finance systems execute billions of pounds worth of payment transactions each year and in the future; we expect the size of our services to continue to grow. To support this growth; we are embarking on next chapter for Tesco with ambitious plans to transform the technology landscape.
The Role – Senior Technical Programme Manager
We are looking for an experienced STPM to join and lead the delivery of the Enabling Functions Technology strategy. In this role; you will ideally have extensive experience of delivering complex and large technical programmes across a broad set of technologies. As the STPM; you and your technical programme team will focus on building; adapting and transforming the platforms that support our business facing applications and services. You need to coordinate and ensure support of the relevant teams; to deliver the required quality and value; while ensuring that risks and issues are identified and mitigated.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity and shaping programmes and projects from inception. We are looking for someone who can inspire and motivate teams to deliver successfully.
Senior Technical Programme Managers (STPMs) lead teams that deliver complex; cross-functional technology programmes that support colleagues and help serve our customers better. They work collaboratively; influence Product; Engineering; and business colleagues to deliver value quickly and often.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business; the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
• Deliver complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
• Establish new or improve existing delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals
• Initiate and shape programmes with ambiguous scope and uncertain delivery approach
• Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals; including the technical implementation plan
• Provide expert advice and guidance on programme delivery (mentoring other TPMs and supporting Engineering/Product teams)
• Understand trade-offs in software delivery; using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with the Engineering and Product teams to obtain the best value and solution
• Able to foresee potential risks and issues; establish a process; facilitate discussions and manage escalations
• Act on opportunities to adopt trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
• Able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies; delivery timelines and implementation plans
• Have good knowledge of engineering best practices and practical infrastructure implementations to appreciate delivery challenges
• Ask probing questions of Engineering and Product teams to ensure solutions meet programme objectives
• Understand technology concepts; grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
• Effectively manage major incidents; ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
• Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
• Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
• Add value to vendor selection processes (tendering; agreeing SLAs; warranty periods; outsourcing)
• Proactively research trends and development in technology; and programme and product delivery
• Coach peers and other roles; teaching where required; on methodologies and programme management tools and coach/mentor on leadership
• Take a leading role in the recruitment process and make final recruitment decisions
• Play an active leadership role in the TPM guild and community – proactively influencing capability and capacity planning for TPMs
An ideal candidate must have demonstrated below key skills in their current and past roles:
• Have a proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure; having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies
• Have experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
• Strong Project; Stakeholder & Programme management skills
• Strong vendor management and negotiating skills.
• Exceptional reporting skills for programs and financial forecasting
• Excellent communication & influencing skills and adoptability to changes
• Proven track record of development and management of teams.