Apply by: 04/11/2022
We are delighted to share that a new opportunity has arisen for 2 Buying Managers to join the Home team on parental leave cover contracts.
Working alongside the Head of Buying, you will be responsible for ensuring we plan and deliver the most commercial and profitable ranges to meet our Customer’s needs.
This role would suit someone who is already an acting Buyer looking for a new challenge ideally with Home experience.
- Helping my manager to implement the category buying strategy to meet category & customer objectives
- Conducting competitor benchmarking, visiting stores/websites to understand how my range compares
- Reviewing existing supplier performance and identify potential new suppliers and grow joint capability
- Leading negotiation of departmental supplier terms agreements (incl.returns), improving the trading position in a sustainable way
- Sourcing customer and market insight led products for my department, collaborating with International Sourcing
- Supporting category merchandising colleagues to develop the trade plan
- Identifying new products, creating briefs and supporting new product development processes (incl. packaging)
- Working with suppliers and category quality team to ensure product quality is achieved and maintained
- Managing costs and supporting price setting to deliver product margin, always looking for a great deal for our customers
- Ensuring Commercial Income is loaded and invoiced correctly
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them clear objectives to be their best
- Forecasting and managing my budgets effectively, always being cost conscious
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Product development and sourcing
- Report preparation and analysis
- Leading and developing teams
- Experienced negotiator
- Commercial buying experience
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.