Apply by: 15/12/2022
We are delighted to share that we are recruiting for a Category Development Manager on a part-time basis to join our team here at Tesco.
The successful candidate will work to develop Category and Divisional level commercial insight and analysis that both informs product decision making and delivers against our customer and business objectives.
This role would suit someone who has experience working with data agencies as well as having the flexibility and ability to plan and organise alongside senior stakeholders.
• Analyzing customer, competitor & market attitudes and behaviour to develop new understanding to identify opportunities to meet our customer needs better and win in the market
• Influence commercial decision making and strategy
• Bringing data and insight to life for senior stakeholders through clear and impactful presentations and storytelling
• Leading Category Development project work, working cross functionally to deliver and influencing stakeholders across the business to improve our offer
• Working in collaboration with the Buying, Merchandising, Brand, Strategy, Trade Planning, Central Insights, Dunnhumby and Supply Chain teams to develop an optimised offer and architecture for customers.
• Working with agencies to develop our long term strategy and proposition
• Working with 3rd party data providers and Supplier Category Insight teams to truly understand the wider market
• Building skills and capabilities of the team to ensure we are learning and applying new methods and methodologies on a continual improvement basis
• Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best.
• Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Working with data agencies (e.g. IRI/ Nielsen data, Kantar and Dunnhumby)
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal comms
- Experience influencing senior stakeholders
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.