Location: Welwyn Garden City
Apply by: 30/12/2022
Welwyn Garden City
The Infrastructure Engineering team design, develop, implement and operate all infrastructure used by Tesco Technology across our data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres. This encompasses multiple domains; private and public cloud, connectivity, end-user computing, CI/CD and monitoring toolkit. This includes both 3rd party and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure that support the wider Tesco business.
As part of wider Infrastructure Team, Networks and Security Team design, develop, implement and operate all Network and Security infrastructure technologies that facilitate the both Infrastructure and the rest of Tesco Technology
Key activities include:
· Design, develop, implement and transition to operations large-scale, high-capacity and highly resilient network solutions that allow the rest of Infrastructure, Technology development teams and business colleagues to consume Networks and Security Service.
· Contribute to the strategy, objectives and high-level plans for Networks Infrastructure Service in order to best deliver requirements of Tesco Technology and thus the business.
· Defining and continually overseeing standards and simplification across the entire Networks estate.
· Driving innovation through transformation and Continual Service Improvement
· Work with suppliers, software and hardware to deliver the Technology and ultimately, business strategy
· Ensure that Network solutions where possible take advantage of modern automation technologies where possible through self-service APIs. This solution will allow Networks and rest of Infrastructure
· Designing, delivering, implementing and operating new and re-usable infrastructure solutions to meet both technological, financial and business requirements. Collaborate with other infrastructure and application teams, to create appropriate infrastructure solutions to facilitate both their and ultimately the business requirements
· Manage activities of members of the systems engineering job family, building a team culture for continuous improvement and environment where engineers want to work. Recruit and support the development of members of staff
· Ensure my team exceeds required quality standards, commitments and objectives
· Drives adoption of new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact
· Build a team with structure and capabilities to support incidents in live and support the relationship to Engineering
· Keep track of new Network technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco
· Manage team performance and improve capabilities by defining training plans, objectives, providing feedbacks
· Spot talent/high performance in the team and providing timely reward and recognition.
· Managing external suppliers and responsible for measuring, improving service provided.
· Managing stakeholder communication and escalations
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.