Location: London EC1R 5AR
Apply by: 03/02/2023
London EC1R 5AR
As a Head of Product, you'll be part of the Strategy & Portfolio Team - a centralised function, charged with optimising efficiency, effectiveness and value creation within Group Technology and the wider business. Your role will be leading the Agile Product & Operations team, focused on driving team excellence within technology, improving skills, process, alignment, environments, behaviours and values.
- Own the vision and strategy for the Agile Product & Operations, maximizing reach and impact across Technology.
- Develop the maturity of our Product Ops, Design Ops and Agile Product Coaching practices, improving the quality and consistency of services.
- Manage the shape and span of the team, creating rich, sustainable roles, and hiring and developing talent
- Ensuring the team have the right skills, experience and opportunity to thrive.
- Lead the team in sourcing, tracking and sharing insights in relation to team excellence, surfacing trends and opportunities with senior stakeholders and using the data to inform strategies. (e.g. agile product practice maturity, health, engagement, etc.)
- Accountable for defining Tesco Technology's Product Management practice foundations, working with the product community to collate and evaluate principles, practices, tools and techniques.
- Own the Agile Product learning strategy, developing specialist skills and capabilities. Working with practice leads to identify needs and develop training opportunities.
- Improve the efficiency of processes to streamline product development - both discovery/delivery processes and the core team processes (e.g. procurement, collaboration / knowledge share, optimisation, on-boarding to up-skilling in specialist areas.)
- Increase alignment and enabling effective decision-making by ensuring product strategies/OKRs are shared consistently, transparently and with connectivity.
- Manage a lean quarterly prioritisation / capacity planning process, providing assurance for the Technology portfolio and enabling valuable conversations around risks, trade offs & opportunities.
- Build sense of community for Product & Design, including organising cross functional events to share learnings, engage and inspire.
- Being a leader and advocate for Agile and product thinking and customer-centricity across Technology and the wider business.
- Partner closely with Strategy & Portfolio leadership in seeking out collaboration opportunities to drive cohesion, simplicity and impact.
- Partner closely with the Collaboration & Tooling team to ensuring product teams are equipped with optimal tooling, related processes and support.
8+ years of experience driving efficiencies and effecctiveness within technology, ideally across Agile Product Coaching, Product Ops & Design Ops
- Strong knowledge Agile & Product Management concepts / principles / practices.
- Strong knowledge of UX Design & Research concepts / principles / practices.
- Experience setting up programs, processes, tools and frameworks from scratch.
- Experience building productivity and automation tools.
- Adept in working with very senior stakeholders in challenging environments.
- Experience leading a team, navigating complexity to deliver valuable outcomes.
- Effectively working with a broad range of senior stakeholders, to understand issues, gather feedback and create alignment.
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Aha! and Miro
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.