Location: Welwyn Garden City
Apply by: 29/09/2023
Welwyn Garden City
In a constantly changing retail environment, modern day retailers are always searching for an ‘edge’ over their competitors and as a result, are putting far more emphasis on understanding and satisfying their customers. In today’s incredibly competitive and crowded marketplace this is vitally important to succeed.
The Home and Clothing Central Commercial Team works with a wealth of information in a rapidly moving commercial environment to highlight opportunities and deliver insight on performance, customers, and the market to an array of teams within the business.
We work collaboratively with the Buying, Merchandising, Trade Planning, and Leadership teams to deliver accurate trade data, customer, and market insight. Using information about customers and how they shop, alongside market performance the teams can recommend trading actions, promotional mechanics and highlight opportunities to improve the offer for the customer as well as trading performance.
In this role you will be a key part of the team, supporting your Line Manager and the commercial teams with regular reporting as well as working on broader business projects.
The Hiring Manager for this vacancy is Lesley Schofield / Recruiter: Elisa Fosterman
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
• Ensuring our Home and Clothing 3rd party data is always accurate, raising queries directly to resolve whilst fully communicating any problems and resolutions with our stakeholders.
• Maintaining & developing our suite of Home and Clothing Market insight reports ensuring our regular reporting requirements are met to a high standard
• Conducting ad-hoc analysis as and when needed, under the guidance of your line manager
• Using a combination of market, supplier, competitor, customer data and business understanding to turn data into useful information which has context, a supporting narrative and answers the “so what” for our stakeholders
• Quickly reacting to the changing needs of the business to fulfil the needs of the leadership team
We would expect you to:
• Develop a deep understanding of the retail industry, who our competitors are and how the market is performing in current economic conditions
• Drive to ‘look into the future’; what do we think will happen to the retail market, and why?
• Flex style to engage with empathy and conviction.
• Champion a self-service approach through automation, education, and training - building capability sharing best practices & working with experts across the business
• Develop and implement solutions to simplify/enhance processes across the Home and Clothing functions
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
• A demonstrated passion for working with data and empowering businesses through data and insight
• Advanced skills in MS Office suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
• Basic SQL skills experience an advantage
• Data visualisation tools (e.g., Tableau, Micro Strategy) experience preferred
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.