Location: Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA
Apply by: 31/07/2024
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA
The Infrastructure Engineering team design, develop, implement and operate all infrastructure used by Tesco Technology across our data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres. This encompasses multiple domains; private and public cloud, connectivity, end-user computing, CI/CD and monitoring toolkit. This includes both 3rd party and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure that support the wider Tesco business.
As part of wider Infrastructure Team, Networks and Security Team design, develop, implement and operate all Network and Security infrastructure technologies that facilitate both Infrastructure and the rest of Tesco Technology
Key activities include:
· Design, develop, implement and transition to operations large-scale, high-capacity and highly resilient network solutions that allow the rest of Infrastructure, Technology development teams and business colleagues to consume Networks and Security Service.
· Contribute to the strategy, objectives and high-level plans for Networks Infrastructure Service in order to best deliver requirements of Tesco Technology and thus the business.
· Defining and continually overseeing standards and simplification across the entire Networks estate.
· Driving innovation through transformation and Continual Service Improvement
· Work with suppliers, software and hardware to deliver the Technology and ultimately, business strategy
· Ensure that Network solutions where possible take advantage of modern automation technologies where possible through self-service APIs. These solutions will allow Networks and rest of Infrastructure to be consumed in a controlled, auditable and repeatable manner, automatically handling failure seamlessly.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
· Design and deliver network solutions using existing network infrastructure. Where new Network technologies are being introduced, implement them and establish best practice for their adoption. Resolve incidents and problems associated with the technical area of responsibility.
· Contribute to the Technology Roadmap for Tesco Network Services.
· Evaluate new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
· Lead group design discussions on my area of expertise and be able to present with authority to a variety of audiences.
· Collaborate with other technical teams to understand their requirements and assist them consuming Infrastructure in the most seamless way possible.
· Keep my technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco.
· Introduce automation to all aspects of my day-to-day work.
Experience designing and deploying solutions for large, complex global organisations
· Analytical and structured approach to design, process and advanced troubleshooting
· Work with Architecture to produce and maintain high quality HLD/LLD and maintain standard documentation for area of responsibility.
· Well organised self-starter who takes personal ownership and accountability at required levels of the work stream and project life cycles; willing to go the extra mile at every opportunity
· Builds and maintains positive relationships within and across teams
· Communicates effectively, able to deliver and present both written and verbal, designs, strategies and concepts clearly.
· Take ownership, to keep up-to-date and embrace the latest industry technologies and associated supplier solutions.
Required Technology Skills
· Strong network system administration experience and very familiar with IP protocol, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, BIND, NTP
· Solid knowledge of DNS/DHCP/IPAM using preferably Bluecat products
· Good understanding of cloud DNS Azure/AWS and Microsoft DNS Server
· Knowledge of DDI integrations into cloud provisioning and orchestration platforms (private/hybrid/public)
· Understanding of containerisation DNS functions (K3/K8 and Docker)
· Working knowledge of associated automation technologies (API, Python, Java, Perl)
· Experience with SIEM (Splunk), logging optimisation and visualisation
Desirable Technical Skills
· Experience with IPv6 DDI deployments
· Understanding of DNS and DHCP migration strategies
· Knowledge of Internet DNS Management (Neustar and Akamai)
· Experience of load balancing platforms and technologies, preferably F5, Global/DNS balancing technologies
· Experience with Firewall technologies specifically Palo Alto
· Packet capture and debugging tools such as Wireshark
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.