Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Tesco Technology consists of people from a number of different backgrounds, but having a common purpose to serve our shoppers a little better every day with our retail technological solutions. We shared a common interest in harnessing innovations in technology to enhance their shopping experience at Tesco stores. Whether making products, software or systems, our teams focuses on various aspects from taking strategic ownership of the architecture to delivering technological solutions such as design, testing, deployment, infrastructure, operation and security of the systems to ensure agile, smooth and safe operations. These help us to deliver the maximum business impact. Teams refine their internal processes to best fit their own needs, working to build core capabilities in application and services. We collaborate globally across teams to build end-to-end customer-facing solutions, as well as to share knowledge, experience, tools and techniques.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyones Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Take a problem where technical strategy or approach is defined and come up with the solution design and drives the implementation with a fair level of autonomy including interacting with other SDEs in the same team or peer teams
* Reach out for direction proactively in case of ambiguities or constraints
* Own the delivery of a major component in a service or a small service entirely as part of a feature delivery
* Suggest improvements to processes and methodologies to enhance delivery speed quality
* Mentor and guide other WL1 SDEs in the team and help in hiring
* Question requirements and challenge where necessary
* Identify value of tasks & always work on the highest priority items
* Demonstrate a good understanding of at least one major programming language
* Understand the framework and enough of the tool ecosystem of the chosen language to implement end to end components with minimal assistance Comfortably produce and refactor code without assistance
* Test drive features in programming language of choice
* Understand different major language paradigms (OOP/Functional)
* Understand presence of abstraction beneath language (JVM/CLR)
* Reason about complexity of algorithms (time and space) and code (cyclomatic)
* Debug code
* Understand and resolve complex issues
* Identify design patterns in code
* Implement design patterns with guidance
* Comfortably translate small behaviour requirements into tasks & code
* Understand how high-quality code can lead to rapid delivery
* Write clean maintainable code
* Demonstrate a basic understanding of domains and domain modelling
* Seek out and use appropriate abstractions
* Understand patterns for integration (events/services)
* Understand how to leverage existing functionality outside immediate project
* Understand scope of project and when to move behaviour to other services
* Understand continuous integration and continuous delivery
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of CI tooling
* Writes tests to ensure CI/CD processes work
* Understand BDD/TDD/Performance/Security/Smoke testing
* Demonstrate a good working knowledge of one relevant operating system
* Script and automate within relevant environment
* Understand Oauth/Saml & identity models
Java Springboot Kafka Couchbase Jenkins Engineering best practices Distributed system