Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Tesco Technology consists of people from a number of different backgrounds, but having a common purpose to serve our shoppers a little better every day with our retail technological solutions. We shared a common interest in harnessing innovations in technology to enhance their shopping experience at Tesco stores. Whether making products, software or systems, our teams focuses on various aspects from taking strategic ownership of the architecture to delivering technological solutions such as design, testing, deployment, infrastructure, operation and security of the systems to ensure agile, smooth and safe operations. These help us to deliver the maximum business impact. Teams refine their internal processes to best fit their own needs, working to build core capabilities in application and services. We collaborate globally across teams to build end-to-end customer-facing solutions, as well as to share knowledge, experience, tools and techniques.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyones Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at email@example.com
SDE 3 Role Impact & Value
• Leads valuable features that are used by customers
• Leads Scrum ceremonies
• Suggests improvements to processes and methodologies to speed delivery
• Questions requirements and challenges where necessary
• Can identify value of tasks & always works on the highest priority items.
• Work effectively with stakeholders to communicate and translate their needs into improvements.
• Lead group discussions on design of initiatives within domain. And understand domain well enough to work with Product Managers to drive value
• Support production systems resolve incidents and perform root cause analysis.
• Debug/find complex problems and support/maintain the software solution.
• Share knowledge with the wider engineering community.
• Mentor and develop engineers in the team.
• Produce proof of concepts to evaluate new tools.
• Good Understanding of Java/J2EE programming language SOA Microservices NoSQL Dependency Injection frameworks RESTful services ORM frameworks Build tools etc.
• Understands framework and enough of tool ecosystem of chosen language to implement end to end component with minimal assistance
• Comfortable producing and refactoring code without assistance
• Able to test drive features in programming language of choice
• Understands different major language paradigms (OOP/Functional)
• Understands presence of abstraction beneath language (JVM/CLR)
• Can reason about complexity of algorithms (time and space) and code (cyclomatic)
• Can debug code
• Can understand and resolve complex issues
• Can Identify design patterns in code
• Can implement design patterns with guidance
• Comfortable translating small behaviour requirements into tasks & code
• Understanding of how high quality code can lead to rapid delivery
• Good understanding of domains and domain modelling
• Seeks out and uses appropriate abstractions
• Good understanding of DRY and basic code hygiene factors
• Good understanding of patterns for integration (events/services)
• Good understanding on how to leverage existing functionality outside immediate project
• Understands scope of project and when to move behaviour to other services
• Understands the importance of project instrumentation
• Good understanding of CI and CD.
• Writes tests to ensure CI/CD processes work
• Good understanding of BDD/TDD/Performance/Security/Smoke testing
• Commits code early and often
• Understands feature toggling
• Understands version control & branching strategies
• Good working knowledge of one relevant operating system
• Understands one relevant Database technology
• Can script and automate within relevant environment
• Understand when to apply appropriate infrastructure technologies
• Can perform a tool based security scan and articulate vulnerabilities
• Understands Oauth/Saml & identity models
• Basic grasp of secure coding and Write secure code by default
Behaviours & Collaboration
• Fully participates in team ceremonies
• Comfortable pair programming
• Can use whiteboard and other materials to convey designs and principles
• Stays abreast of industry news from a variety of sources
• Can understand how industry developments may affect team
Core Technology Concepts
• Understands major HTTP components (UDP/TCP/IP/HTTP/REST)
• Understands core infrastructure components (servers networking load balancing)
• Languages - Java 8+ and Lambda expressions
• Dependency Management - Google Guice or Spring Framework or Micronaut
• RESTful Web Service Frameworks
• Build Tools - Gradle/Maven
• CICD - Git Jenkins
• Practices and Paradigms - Design Patterns Clean Coding
• Testing - TDD BDD
Java Spring Boot NoSql Microservices CI / CD