Category: Information Technology
Location: Bengaluru, KA
Bengaluru, KA, India
Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Tesco Technology consists of people from a number of different backgrounds, but having a common purpose to serve our shoppers a little better every day with our retail technological solutions. We shared a common interest in harnessing innovations in technology to enhance their shopping experience at Tesco stores. Whether making products, software or systems, our teams focuses on various aspects from taking strategic ownership of the architecture to delivering technological solutions such as design, testing, deployment, infrastructure, operation and security of the systems to ensure agile, smooth and safe operations. These help us to deliver the maximum business impact. Teams refine their internal processes to best fit their own needs, working to build core capabilities in application and services. We collaborate globally across teams to build end-to-end customer-facing solutions, as well as to share knowledge, experience, tools and techniques.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone is Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Technical Programme Manager
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at email@example.com
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customers’ favourite place to shop, at home, in town, or on the move, anywhere in the world. Our continuous drive for the best tools and technologies helps us to deliver this vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our technology solutions to become one of the world’s leading retailers. We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers: passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return, we offer an exciting environment in a world class technology department, an excellent benefits package, and amazing career development opportunities. If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you!
The position will be based at our Tesco Technology Bengaluru Office, Whitefield.
About our Security Engineering team :
We are a 15+ and growing team that supports Tesco technology and software development teams across cloud and other cutting-edge technologies at scale. We have a new role to manage security partnership activities as a programme for all engineering domains. Tesco technology comprises several domains and over 120 teams developing software that are responsible for their security, so we act differently than a traditional security team. We’re a team of security partners, not security police.. and we go as far as calling ourselves Security Partners, not Security Architects or Consultants.
The Security Engineering team is part of the Security & Capability group that offers the enterprise various security solutions and capabilities.
Our software engineering teams have tremendous freedom in their work and the corresponding responsibility to do the right thing for our customers. Instead of controlling our engineering teams with process and security gates, we enable them to innovate by providing security guidance to make the right decisions for Tesco. The good news is that our engineering teams are (usually) willing partners in doing better security, more efficiently
and earlier in the process. We want you to help us scale out and represent ourselves in the wider engineering domain. Tesco has fully embraced DevOps and agile methodologies to develop our enterprise APIs, services, and cloud capabilities. Our 100+ delivery teams have loads of Docker, kubernetes, and microservices galore across Azure and AWS, so our security approach must work with elastic, here today, gone tomorrow infrastructure. Our security approaches should be event-driven, real-time, and effective. Weekly scans are so 2010.
About the role:
Tesco requires an experienced Technical Programme Manager for this team.
Our Security engineering partners with several technology domains to build a security culture through process, people, and tool improvements. These are usually longstanding relationships and we expect the program manager to enable us to do quarterly planning, recording, tracking, and executing the key performance indicators.
We expect the role to drive efficiency for the team and track the effectiveness of security partnerships in connection to our Cybersecurity strategy.
There is a huge amount of technology needed to serve our customers well, and the diversity and scale of our projects mean wildly different security challenges. Some recent initiatives include:
• We built our next-generation on-prem private cloud hyper-converged infrastructure platform.
• We heavily invested in revamping and increasing the network security tooling and monitoring for our on-prem, private, and public cloud.
• We built a new Retail Platform to steer our strategies and needs for customers.
• We’re the original big data company in the UK. Tesco Clubcard has been going for 25 years and we’re heavily data-driven.
• We’re investing heavily in AI/ML in areas such as computer vision and natural language processing to better support our customer channels.
You will be responsible for
As the TPM, you will
• Work with the security partners in the team for timely planning, recording and
executing partnership activities to deliver key performance indicators.
• Keep track of activities and how they are delivering the overall goals for the team.
• Collect and report progress, and performance metrics, and indicate deviations and risks to achieve them.
• Keep track of delivery consistency, and quality and find ways to improve for the team.
• Be the front door for engagement queries, plan them in the backlog, and track
• Continuously challenge the status quo and improve delivery efficiency.
• Develop insightful and actionable metrics for the team.
• Contribute to improving Security Teams’ processes, best practices, and governance.
• Be an advocate for a good delivery strategy.
To be successful,
• You have strong program management and stakeholder management skills.
• You are expected to have a good understanding of activities in the secure software
• You can manage delivery teams in different geographies.
• You are ready to learn technical stuff, security concepts, and internal practices.
• You’re creative, flexible, self-starter, quick learner.
• You‘re able to work comfortably in an abstract environment and have good decision-making ability.
• You’re able to grasp quickly with good Emotional Intelligence to achieve the desired
An Ideal Candidate Will Have
Key Skills and Experience
• A proven record of accomplishment with at least 12+ years in delivering technology,cloud services, apps, and having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies.
• Hand-on experience in Programme Management, Risk, and change management.
• Experience in building credible relationships and influencing senior management& leadership teams.
• Working experience in the cyber security domain or functions and risk governance is a plus.
• Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills.
• Excellent communication, analytical, negotiating & influencing skills.
• JIRA, Confluence experience is a plus.
• Experience in Agile and SAFe is preferred.