Apply by: 31/01/2023
We are delighted to share that we are recruiting for a Commercial Development Assistant to join our team here at Tesco. Working across both the Home and Clothing team the successful candidate will work to support their Manager by collating data together with insight to prepare and share analysis on creating winning customer propositions.
This role would suit someone with a curious and inquisitive mindset with an awareness of commercial and retail processes. A strong interest in data and analysis is also advantageous.
• Analyzing market, supplier, competitor, and customer research to create insight and recommendations.
• Visiting Tesco and Competitor stores to review and identify Commercial opportunities.
• Interpreting and summarizing actionable insights into reports, with recommendations.
• Keeping up to date, sharing relevant trends and pertinent information with Home & Clothing teams.
• Bringing data and insight to life for stakeholders through clear and impactful power point presentations and storytelling.
• Maintain Market wide competitor knowledge and provide insight into Threats & Opportunities for Tesco.
• Supporting my manager to ensure the smooth day to day running of the department with adhoc task as required.
• Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Data analysis
- Awareness of commercial and retail processes
- Retail industry background (desirable)
- Working with marketing data agencies (desirable)
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.