Location: Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA
Apply by: 31/12/2024
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA
As a Technical Programme Manager, you will deliver complex, cross-functional technology programmes that support colleagues and help serve our customers better. They work collaboratively, influence Product, Engineering and business colleagues and lead the programme to deliver value quickly and often. You will provide the cohesion between Programme and Engineering functions to deliver quality across the full lifecycle of the programme.
- Deliver complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan, ensuring colleagues and stakeholders from across Tesco are kept up-to-date
- Understand trade-offs in software delivery using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with the Engineering and Product teams to obtain the best value and solution - Able to foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations
- Able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of engineering best practices and practical infrastructure implementations to appreciate delivery challenges
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with stakeholders to deliver software or professional services, holding them to account on delivery and improvement plans
- Contribute to the centre of excellence within the Workplace Technology Team woys of working, striving for excellence at every opportunity
- Contribute actively to TPM community
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology programmes
- Have experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
- Good reporting skills for programs and financial forecasting
- Adept communication & influencing skills and adoptability to changes
- Expert delivery experience with the following tools: - Jira - Confluence - Miro - Microsoft Project
Programme Methodologies - Managing Risk - Programme Governance - Business Awareness - Communicating and Influencing - Data Analytics and insight - Strategic thinking and problem solving - Finance and Procurement - Embracing and Enabling Change - Curiosity and Learning - Core Technology - Product Methodologies - Retail Technology Awareness - Development Life-cycle
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. If you are applying internally, please speak to the Hiring Manager about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.