Our Kickstart programme is an opportunity for young people aged 16-24, claiming Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. You will gain valuable work experience for six months and employability skills to help you become work ready.
On our Kickstart programme you will:
• Join us as a Customer Assistant in one of our large stores
• Earn the same as a new Customer Assistant colleague
• Be welcomed to our business with an induction split over a number of sessions, both in store and online
• Receive technical skills training to help you do your job and learn about all the essential behaviours you need to succeed at work including teamwork and responsiveness
• Gain employability skills including CV building and mock interviews to help you become work ready, as well as additional resources for you to access in your own time
• Benefit from support in the store environment, including your Line Manager and Buddy. Our HR partners will also be on hand throughout the six months to help you
• Have access to a tablet device to help access further learning on your programme, including e-learning resources and live webinars
If you want to take part in this great opportunity with us, apply now.
To apply for our Kickstart programme in one of our selected stores, you’ll need to register with us and create a profile. You will need to be aged between 16-24 and claiming Universal Credit to apply. Take a look below to see what you can expect from the application process.
If we see a large volume of applications to any role we may close applications before 20 October.
Once you find a job you want to apply for, you can complete the online application form for that role. This will contain some basic questions and some questions to ensure you meet the Government Kickstart criteria. You will also need to submit your right-to-work documents to be checked. Once you have submitted your application we will review it.
If successful we may invite you in for an interview at the location that you have applied to work in, or contact you to carry out a telephone interview.
At the interview you will be asked a series of interview questions. It will also be your opportunity to ask us any questions you have about the Kickstart programme and Tesco to see if we are right for you. At the interview you will need to bring with you the Right to Work document you submitted to us online to be verified. You will also need to show the interviewer your Universal Credit journal, this can be shown on a mobile device or you can print this and take it with you.