We regulary recruit into our group personnel and operational functions.
Our operational personnel teams are integrated into our head office, stores and distribution functions, ensuring that our people have the policies, processes and leadership necessary to deliver their specific business goals.
Group Personnel is designed to give shared solutions and is organised around People, Processes and Systems.
People - The Academy
The main purpose of the Tesco Academy is to spot, develop and move Tesco leaders. Specifically to:
- Share best practice for Talent Spotting, Resourcing, Training and Development and International Relocation.
- Design and run group leadership programmes.
- Manage expatriate services operations.
Processes - Personnel Services
The main purpose of Personnel Services is to support people to succeed and form a basis for sharing learning across the group. Specifically through:
- The Benefits team who communicates and develops an exclusive range of benefits for all our colleagues.
- The Reward team who leads the reward agenda across the UK and international business, developing reward policies and processes for all roles from the shop floor to main board.
- The Organisation Design team who provides consultancy support for changes to structures and jobs in Tesco across the UK and International business.
- The Performance and Development team who designs processes for the upskilling of the members of Personnel across the UK and International business.
- The Employee Relations team who develops policies, practical tools and support to really listen to and manage our people in Tesco in the UK and internationally.
Systems - Personnel Systems
The main purpose of the Personnel systems team is to develop and implement a global personnel systems strategy with the people process owners and Information Technology function.